For the first time ever, Chuckles Book Cave is going to be joining in with Scifi month hosted by https://onemore.org/ and https://deargeekplace.com/ , which runs the whole month of November. There will be blog posts, Twitter posts and even a giveaway and I'm pretty excited at taking part this year and reading some SF books and watching SF films hopefully.
Here are most of the unread SF books I have on my shelf and I hope to get to as many as I can. No specific target in mind, just reading fun! A few are rereads so I can refresh my memory as to what happened but most are new to me.
1) Martha Wells-Exit Strategy (currently reading)
2) Amie Kaufman-Illuminae
3) Anne McCaffrey-Dinosaur Planet (read 2.5 star)
4) Anne McCaffrey-The Survivors (read 2 star)
5) Christopher Brookmeyer-Bedlam (DNF) 1 star
7) Jeff VanderMeer-Annihilation
8) Elizabeth Briggs-Future Shock
9) Elizabeth Briggs-Future Threat
10) Elizabeth Briggs-Future Lost
11) Joelle Charbonneau-The Testing
12) Joelle Charbonneau-Independent Study
13) Joelle Charbonneau-Graduation Day
14) Becky Chambers-The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet
15) Nicholas Sansbury Smith-Hell Divers
16) Jules Verne-Journey to the Center of the Earth
17) Andy Weir-The Martian
18) PK Hawkins-Recon Marines
19) Richard Herley-The Penal Colony
20) Kenneth C Johnson-V
21) Mur Lafferty-Six Wakes
22) Marie Lu-Warcross

I really want to read Journey to the Center of the Earth at some point. I've heard great things about The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet. Enjoy your reading!
ReplyDeleteI feel I probably read it as a kid but want to revisit it and get a review done! Everyone raves about Becky Chambers so I feel compelled to give it a go!
DeleteGood luck with your scifi month :-)
ReplyDeleteHell Divers is one that I've seen praised massively on other blogs so I hope it lives up to the hype!
I've been meaning to get to Hell Divers for about two years now as I loved his extinction cycle series!
DeleteBummer the Dinosaur Planet books weren't a little better. Hope you like exit strategy- I just finished that one a few days ago!
ReplyDeleteYeah they haven't turned out great at all, sadly! I really want to get to Exit Strategy but I'm too tired to read right now!
DeleteI enjoyed The Martian, Annihilation, and Six Wakes.
ReplyDeleteThe books I don't get to might get carried into next month!
DeleteNice start! That's what I love most about Sci-Fi Month - no pressure and no need to stress, just read to have fun :D
ReplyDelete~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum
Everything else seems to be giving me stress! I'm really tired again this week! I still hope to get a few of these books done this month though!
DeleteYou have some fun books on your tbr. I'm sorry to see that the ones that you have read so far were a bit dissapointing. :( But I hope that will pick up for you soon!
ReplyDeleteYeah I've got off to a bad start sadly but it'll pick up when I get to Murderbot!
DeleteGood luck with this!
ReplyDeleteI don't typically read sci-fi but I have gotten to a few this year.
I have the next Murderbot on my list and I have the Helldivers series on my Kindle.
Karen @ For What It's Worth
Everyone seems to love Murderbot even if Scifi isn't a favourite genre!
DeleteI hope the books get better for you. Make it easier to keep on reading.
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
I haven't picked up a book all week again-just slothing around in front of the TV with chocolates!
Delete