Saturday, 1 May 2021

Unexpected Blog Break

 

Hi guys!
Sorry I just seemed to vanish without word earlier in April. To be honest I wasn't planning a blog break of any kind. I just got really annoyed with Blogger messing me about on a few of the posts I was doing. I also happened to be reading a book written by one of the DS from SAS Who Dares Wins (Ollie's newest book, for those who know the show) and the book was about looking at the time consuming things in your life, the things you do out of habit or addiction etc and deciding why you do it and if you should continue with these things if they don't add to your life. It's got me thinking about the blog being so time consuming when Blogger is doing my head in, how I hate writing the book reviews and so on. It sort of got me wondering again about the long term future of my blog which has been a theme for me since last summer.

Can I see myself doing this blog in five years time if Blogger continues to arse me about over simple graphics and text? No, to be honest. Are there other things I could be doing like reading and getting stuff watched? Yes. Am I also tired of the toxic social media environment I'm wading through? Yes. I guess I didn't realise how draining it all was and on the 13th I think it was I told myself I couldn't be bothered blogging that day and went off to do other stuff. I ended up exercising, weight training with my new weights, varnishing the fences, watching reruns of favourite stuff, browsing the internet just for fun. To be honest, the caterpillar cake wars (Colin v Cuthbert), Ed Balls Day and the failed European Super League had me so entertained that I forgot to go back to the blog and I realise I've been away from it for two weeks without thinking about it or realising. The question is, what now?
 
I just wanted to let you know that everything is ok with me despite my vanishing so suddenly. My health is fine, my dad got his second Pfizer dose earlier this week and he's ok, my mood is fine and I'm not depressed or anything. I'm just trying to have a think about things but I'm not reaching any conclusions yet. I'm off the blog and social media until Monday as there is a anti-racism boycott going on in the UK but after that you'll see me active on Twitter. At the moment I'm hoping to start visiting your blogs next week to say hello, and I plan to continue keeping in touch like that for now even if the blog isn't posting anything. So I will see you guys around while I ponder things for a bit longer!
 
Take care of yourselves and your loved ones
Chuckles

14 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad things are alright. I've taken blog breaks before too. I hope you choose to stay around but I understand if you don't. I can always stalk you on Twitter. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in whatever you end up deciding to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very glad to hear that you're okay, and that life is treating you well. I love your blog, but I know that there is a time and season for everything, and maybe your blogging season is nearing an end so that your life can open up for other things. Whatever you decide, I wish you the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m glad you’re okay! I’m mostly on a blog break too. Mine will last until October when my work schedule calms down. Right now, I’m rarely at home to work on the blog.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care, it can be draining. As you know I ended up taking a considerable break. You will know yourself what you need to do and we will be here when you are ready. In the meantime keep an eye on Aldi vs M&S, I hope they give the social media staff a rise, it’s so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogger has been KILLING me lately- changes to format, font changes that happen for no reason, it's a JOKE. I keep plugging away, but man... having said that though, I selfishly hope you stick around. I always enjoy your blog. :)

    Anyway hope you are well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not annoyed with blogger or anything but this has been where I'm at for awhile now. I'm having fun doing other things and I just pop in when I have something to say.

    Glad to hear you're doing well and just taking a break!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take your time and know me and the boys are thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are well despite your battles with Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel this SO much. I'm always one step away from setting my blog aflame. The atmosphere in bookland has become very toxic. My blog is actually my one safe space but I find I have zero energy left most days to actually update it and I'd rather be reading or watching something, or making something with my hands. I'm glad you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes a break is exactly what is needed. I am sorry that blogger has been such a pain for you. Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I was thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you and your dad are doing okay! I'm sorry Blogger has been making things harder for you, but I can understand wanting to take a break (temporary or permanent). I often disappear for a week or two at a time, because life happens. I've also been trying to cut out anything unnecessary and overly time-consuming. Sending you lots of happy thoughts!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
  13. Take the time you need, Chuckles! I'm right with you in that contemplative phase... I know I don't want to quit blogging but I've been struggling - as you know - for a while now with the last/latest lockdown (and everything else) and I've needed the time to pop on and off as I please and not worry about it... It's made me think about what comes next when I'm ready to jump back in with both feet. I do miss everyone though...

    Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed the past few weeks! I finally got a date for my first vaccine dose (beginning of June) and things are opening again so I'm cheering up a bit!

    ReplyDelete