Sunday, 25 December 2016

Merry Christmas from Chuckles Book Cave!


Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates this holiday and I hope that Santa brought you all lots of lovely things! And hopefully Santa Paws was good to your furry friends! For those who don't celebrate it, I hope you have a happy, healthy and safe winter period through late December and into a new year.

Being Chuckles McScrooge, I don't do anything for Christmas other than observe the tradition of eating lots! At around twelve we have prawn cocktail, a family tradition. Then at four, we are having a turkey joint with sage and onion stuffing already rolled inside it along with a thick bread sauce and roast potatoes! This will do my dad and I for two days and I'm hungry thinking about it. Later, just to further stuff ourselves we have a rhubard crumble or raspberry pavlova to enjoy. YUM!

I ordered something online as a New Year gift to myself and I was surprised by it arriving on Christmas Eve which was a bonus so here I reveal my new Game of Thrones T-Shirt!

Beat that Santa! Contain your jealousy everyone as you unwrap your Christmas socks!

Barb, this one is for you, the Christmas ad I mentioned earlier this month. Hope Cass and Booker T enjoy it too!

 

16 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Enjoy that prawn cocktail, yum!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading this zombie book has made me hungry...I can't wait two more hours to eat it! Merry Christmas Amy! I hope Santa was good to you!

      Delete
  2. I hope you'll have an awesome Christmas! The good food is one of the things I always like about Christmas. Enjoy your nice dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so stuffed after that, that I just wanted to go to sleep instead of read! Luckily I overcame that urge and got some good reading in...

      Delete
  3. Your dinner sounds delicious! Well, not the prawn cocktail, but the rest! Enjoy your day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hassle free food! Buy joint already stuffed, cook from frozen for two hours, perfect! It gave me plenty time to just chill out and blog yesterday so it was a good day!

      Delete
  4. OMG I love this ad. It's so nice of you to think of me and the furbabies today. Case and Booker send puppy kisses to Auntie Chuckles this Christmas. Your dinner sounds wonderful and I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved all those cute animals and poor Buster getting jealous! Every time I see it I am reminded of your boys! Puppy kisses happily accepted!

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas! I adore that commercial. When my dog was younger we had a huge trampoline and he owned it! He could even do flips. People would drive by looking for him. Too old for that now, but I bet he dreams about it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cute isn't it! I'd have loved to see your dog bouncing around like crazy! I'm not surprised that people would come to see him, that is so cool...

      Delete
  6. That's awesome. :) Merry Christmas!! Your food sounds great...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We settles on the pavlova with nice sharp raspberries and fresh cream...YUM! It was a good feed.

      Delete
  7. I love that Game of Thrones tshirt! It's great! It sounds like a perfect holiday for you. Mine was good, although there was some family festivities I could have done without.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very cool! I have a nice collection to wear next year! I don't buy clothes usually so I think this is allowed...Yeah I like a nice quiet time with good sport, dvds and lots of food!

      Delete
  8. It's all about the food for me too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a nice rhubarb crumble and double cream for tonight!

      Delete