Sunday, 30 November 2014

What's on Chuckle TV #12


Welcome to Chuckle TV! 
Every week I will be talking about what I have been watching in the world of TV, be it sport, documentaries, TV series, films, soaps or interesting news items. I'll be talking about favourites from the past and all the great sounding stuff that I haven't watched yet. Believe me, there are a lot of popular series that I haven't had the chance to see! Let the Count and I be your guide in the world of entertainment! Comments are welcome on what I'm currently watching but no spoilers please or your comments will not be published!

Well over the last two weeks I've been busy reading and not had any time to catch up any TV series. I have had time to watch a few old favourites films that I got cheap on Amazon. When I first bought these dvds, they were in those cardboard covers that you had to click shut on the front so I'm replacing them with the normal dvd covers. It's a good excuse to watch them again!

There is so much to like in this film! I'm a huge fan of James Woods as an actor. For me he is one of the best character actors out there, along with Kevin Spacey. There is the added advantage of the gorgeous Eric Roberts who I also think is a better actor than he is given credit for. Add in the other stars like Sylvestor Stallone, Sharon Stone and Rod Steiger and you are guaranteed great acting. There are lots of explosive action scenes, clever bombings, great humour from Woods and you have an excellent action film.
I admit it, I'm a Schwarzenegger fan! I watched all those great action films of his in the 80's and 90's with the witty one liners and all out action scenes and loved them! OK so this is not his greatest film but it was a bit different from his usual films in term of plot. There is still plenty action, a lot of backstabbing and a few twists thrown in for good measure. It's still a good action film and it was nice to go back and watch this for a change. I've got a few of his newer ones to watch and I'm looking forward to it!  


It has been a good few years since I watched this film and I forgot how much I liked it. Stallone and Russell are a great pairing and the banter between them is similar to the great pairing of Gibson and Glover in Lethal Weapon. Again there are great action scenes, lots of humour and a good strong storyline of two cops framed and jailed, escaping to clear their name. Really enjoyed watching this again.

I love the Aliens films. I love the Predator films. I love Lance Henriksen. So it was pretty much a no brainer for me to know that I was going to love this film. Lots of action and a very good story. Hope to watch the follow up soon when I get a bit more time for film watching which has sadly been lacking over the last few years. 

This film scared the living crap out of me as a kid but left me with a lifelong fascination about the Bigfoot and Sasquatch legends from around the world. I found this on an old VHS tape last week and decided to watch it. It is still a decent film but this copy is not great. You can't see a damn thing in the night scenes so maybe a DVD copy would be a bit clearer. Not sure if I will be buying a new copy though. Haven't decided! But it was nice to see this film again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment