Saturday, 29 November 2014

Stacking the Shelves #60


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress. 

Well, this was a busy week for me so I didn't get much time online. In fact I haven't posted anything on the blog since Monday. Erk! I had a lot of stuff to do around the house and plenty reading so that's my excuse. So I need to get a few reviews done today!

Yesterday of course was Black Friday and seeing those manic violent scenes made me very happy that I was sitting safely at home, browsing Amazon for deals on my computer! My dad and I managed to spend close to £100 on dvds and book bargains so we were pretty happy. Doing it the online way was MUCH safer than what I was seeing on the news! So who got some good bargains then? Planning to do more shopping this weekend?
 
My books this week are a bit of a mixture. I've been looking to get a copy of Jimmy Anderson, my favourite cricketer's book for a while but I've stopped buying full price biographies as I only read them once. I got this for less than a pound on Kindle which is a good deal! I love the film Heavenly Creatures and I've been searching for 15 years to get books about the murder. This week I finally found two on Amazon though they were quite expensive. One of my other interests has always been the Bigfoot legend so I treated myself to a pile. The rest should arrive in time for next weeks STS hopefully! 

FREE/BARGAIN DOWNLOADS:

BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:

 
 
 
 

21 comments:

  1. Ooh, interesting picks! I avoided Black Friday too -- completely, really, since I don't have the money. Alas, alas, etc. Bet it's going to be awesome getting all your new books in the post, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad and I aren't going to be having a Christmas celebration so we kept our money just for this, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to afford it either. I know my dad would love a PS4 or a XBox One but even at discount prices it's a bit too expensive!

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    My StS + a Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope so to! I can't wait to read these bad boys but they need to wait until after New Year so I can get older tbrs dealt with!

      Delete
  3. After posting this, I've been feeling pretty ill so will catch up with any comments tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very unique books as usual! I hope that you enjoy them all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you could say that I'm indulging a few interests that I've had for a while!

      Delete
  5. I hope that you feel better soon. Being sick is no fun. You got a great stack of books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace. It was one of those dodgy stomachs with the bad cramps and it just appeared with no warning. Feel a bit better today though so I hope it was just a mild viral thing.

      Delete
  6. Nice haul, they all look very interesting. I just may have to go purchase some.

    Hope you feel better and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Feeling better and ready to go back to browse the sales. Don't have much money left but maybe enough for a few Kindle wishlist books!

      Delete
  7. Nice haul this week, I hope you enjoy them all. As for Black Friday, didn't find any deals that I wanted so didn't buy anything. The news was shocking to watch, maybe they should keep Black Friday in the US. Or stick to ONLINE deals ONLY. I hope people were embarrassed about how they acted. Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our nearest big Tesco had to be closed because people were fighting. I can't believe the shops were saying that they underestimated how many people would come! There's no way I'd put myself through that kind of shopping-online is much easier!

      Delete
  8. Heavenly Creatures is a fascinating story, isn't it? Rest up and feel better!

    Here's how I'm Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved the film so I'm super curious about the real story behind it!

      Delete
  9. they're new to me but I hope you'll enjoy them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading them!

      Delete
  10. Great haul! I haven't heard of any of your books before, but they look very interesting. I hope you'll enjoy them all :)
    Happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to get them read next year. I hope they live up to expectations!

      Delete
  11. New books to me but they look great. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I'm so excited about this haul!

      Delete